Friday, August 31, 2012

What's Another 6 Chicks...Let's Fill The Coop! April 19-20, 2012



A week and a half pasted and my mom and I wanted to fill the coop.  The coop we got from the Easter Bunny could hold up to 12 chicks.  So my dad and I went on an errand and because I was so good, my dad brought me to Agway to look at Ashely's chicks. I'll tell you more about her later.  My dad and I  picked out two new chicks.  One was a polish, yes I said polish, and one was a black bantam.  

Not wanting to miss out on an opportunity, and knowing Ashley at Agway was having a "Chicken Day" event at the shop, my mom and I thought, "...we better get another 4 chicks to even things out."  So the next day, my mom picked up a white silkie, a partridge silkie, a black cochin, and a silver lace cochin.


Here is the first group of chicks...

They could fly of their box at this point...

These are the 6 new chicks we picked up to fill up the coop.

We made a cover to protect the new chicks in case the older chicks tried to fly out of their box to explore.

What a set up...food, water, heat lamp and shavings...Living Large!

The outside view.

No comments:

Post a Comment